Should You Install Vinyl Fencing?
There are many reasons why someone may want to install fencing around their home. Installing a fence can increase privacy, create a safer environment for your loved ones, and boost your property value. A common question individuals ask when considering fencing for their front yard is, “Which material should I use?”
Fences come in all types of materials including wood, metal, and vinyl. Vinyl Fencing has become more popular over the years with homeowners for the many advantages it has over its wood and metal counterparts. Is vinyl fencing the perfect addition to your front yard? After reading this article you should feel more confident in answering that question for yourself.
What is Vinyl Fencing?
Vinyl fencing is crafted from synthetic material created from naturally occurring substances. This fine plastic-like product is commonly used for industrial projects such as building and construction. Its durability sets it apart from wood – some experts claim vinyl fences can last up to 10 times longer. Also, Its resistance to the elements gives it a clear advantage against both chain-link and wood fences.
In regions like Missouri, heavy precipitation and snow are common occurrences that vinyl fencing stands up tough against. Thanks to its low upkeep and long-lasting durability, vinyl has become a top choice for homeowners when considering fencing for their yard.
Benefits of Vinyl Fencing
Individuals who are looking for a unique style from the typical chain or wood fences will enjoy the change of pace vinyl fencing offers. Its looks aren’t the only benefit, the high durability these fences have give them the ability to withstand blows even from falling trees. Other benefits include:
- Safety – the most family safe fence material, vinyl is completely non-toxic and is safe around both children and pets.
- Long Life – its extreme longevity means that this material can last upwards of 10 years.
- Low Maintenance – unlike wood fences that require regular upkeep like painting, or metal fences that require a primer to prevent rust, vinyl fences require virtually no maintenance.
- Cost Effective – although sometimes pricier up front, vinyl fences last longer and require less upkeep than other fences.
- Variety – versatile designs are available across many different vendors. Pick up or order your vinyl fence and have your local handyman install it for you.
- Environment-Friendly – after their up to 10-year lifespan you can bring your withered vinyl to a recycling plant to have it completely repurposed.
How Much does Vinyl Fencing Cost?
Keep in mind that depending on design, demand, and other factors in your area, that your local pricing for vinyl fencing may differ. Generally, a vinyl fence will run a homeowner anywhere from $20 – $40 per foot for a typical fence. Assuming the need for around 100ft of material and individual can expect to pay anywhere between $2,000 – $4,000 for their vinyl fence.
Keep in mind that while the up-front price for acquiring vinyl may be more daunting than wood or metal. However, its low maintenance and long life mean you’ll save more money in the long run.
Need Help Installing Your Vinyl Fence in Columbia, MO?
Have you decided that vinyl fencing is the perfect choice for your home? Handy-Matt is ready to professionally install your vinyl fencing in Columbia, MO and Mid-Missouri today. Our full team of handymen is great at providing you with all the information you need to make your decision easier.
If you have any additional questions, we are positive you will get beneficial answers from our expert staff. Contact Handy-Matt to learn more about fence installation!